1 box(es) Betty Crocker Super Moist German Chocolate cake mix, prepared
· 1/3 cup(s) grade-A dark maple syrup
· 1/2 cup(s) pumpkin pie filling
· 1 tub(s) Duncan Hines Classic Vanilla frosting
· Black sanding sugar, for decoration
1. Distribute prepared cake mix between two 8-inch pans coated with cooking spray. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes at 350°F, then cool 10 minutes in pans before turning out onto a wire rack.
2. Ice top of one cake layer with vanilla frosting and place second cake layer on top. Ice entire double-layered cake. Chill in fridge for 15 minutes.
3. Print spider template; cut as directed, and center stencil on cake. Sprinkle black sanding sugar to cover image, keeping rest of cake clean. Press sugar lightly with fingers to make sure it adheres. Brush off excess sugar and carefully remove stencil.