Sometimes all you really want is a little chocolate. Well these cupcakes are for when you want plenty of chocolate – no skimping. I’ve shared several different chocolate cake and cupcake recipes, including the ones used in these cupcakes and this cake. And while I love them all, if I could only ever bake one chocolate cupcake ever again, it’d be this one.
1 3/4 c All-purpose Flour
1 t Baking Soda
1 c Sugar
1/2 c Chopped Walnuts
2 x Eggs
1/2 c Vegetable Oil
1/2 t Almond or vanilla extract
10 oz Pkg frzn sweet Strawberries*
* or 1 cup crushed fresh strawberries mixed with 3 T sugar Mix together flour, baking soda, sugar and nuts in a bowl. In another bowl, beat together eggs, flavoring and oil until well blended. Add strawberries and beat at slow speed of mixer until berries are partially broken. Beat in flour mixture slowly until smooth, but pieces of berries are still visible. Pour batter into greased muffin tins, filling to half. Bake at 350 deg F for 30 minutes, or until they test done. Or, bake in greased 9x5x3″ loaf pan for at 350 deg F for 1 hour, or until done. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
lazy town – cooking bookThis icing/frosting is rich and yummy and is better served at room temperature. Once chilled it becomes hard and fudge like. It is a great base for black icing for decorating, the strong fudge flavor over powers the black paste coloring.
- 1/2 Cup Margarine, softened
1/2 Cup +1 Tbls Vegetable Shortening
5 Cups 10X Powdered Sugar
1 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips (Ghirardelli is my preference)
1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
4 Tbls Milk
- Mix margarine and 1/2 cup shortening until blended. Slowly add 4 cups powdered sugar, vanilla and 2 tbls of milk until creamy, set aside. Melt chips with 1 tbs shortening, mix until syrup like. This can be done in microwave…do not over heat. Poor chocolate into icing and mix well slowly adding additional cup of sugar alternting with 1-2 tbs of milk. Mix until creamy. Add black color paste if desired. Spread onto your favorite cake. Makes about 4 cups of icing. Can be stored in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Allow icing to sit until room temperature, then mix before spreading on cake. After that, WALA! Enjoy!!
I made this :ghost: Halloween cupcakes for my daughter and her classmates from school.
As you can see, some are pumpkins, ghosts, mummys, eye bulbs, and spider webs with spiders. It was fun making them. They turned out pretty cute! :pumpkin:
These Chocolate Vegan Cupcakes are filled with butter-cream icing and are covered with Marshmallow Fondant. They are Super Moist and Yummy!!
Ingredients (use vegan versions):
1.5 cups of all purpose flour (can substitute with wholewheat flour)
3 tablespoons of sifted good quality cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup white or brown sugar
0.5 teaspoon salt (optional)
5 tablespoons canola oil (can substitute with any veg.oil or even olive oil)
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup cold water
By far the most surprisingly deeelightful cake. This recipe is great for adults and for kids ages 3 and up.
1. Put your flour into mixing bowl, add cocoa, baking soda, vegan sugar and salt and mix well.
2. Make three deep holes in the dry mixture. Into one, pour the oil, into the next, pour the vinegar into the next, pour the vanilla.
3. Pour the water into the bowl, over all of this— making a great big mess.
4. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until there aren’t any more lumps and pour into a 9 inch by 9 inch baking pan, two inches deep, it doesn’t even have to be greased.
5. Bake at 350 degress Fahrenheit for about half an hour, test with a fork.
Enjoy this delicious cake. You will be surprised at its moistness and richness!!!!! It can be cooled and iced with your choice of icing or can be enjoyed on its own. The batter can also be used to make cupcakes!! As you can see above!
TIP OF THE DAY: for an instant cake, have the premeasured, premixed dry ingredients at hand, then simply add the wet ingredients when you want a fresh treat! It makes a great birthday cake! Hey, it even freezes well!
Makes: 1 9×9 cake, Preparation time: 15 minutes, Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups (12 ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels – divided use
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup LIBBY’S® 100% Pure
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
3 large eggs
1/2 cup Halloween candy corn (about 40 to 50 pieces)
1 (16-ounce) container prepared white frosting
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC). Paper-line 20 muffin cups.
- Microwave 1 cup morsels in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat sugar, pumpkin, oil, milk and eggs in large mixer bowl until smooth. Beat in melted chocolate. Stir in flour mixture. Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake for 22 to 27 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove to racks to cool completely. Frost cupcakes and top with pieces of Candy Corn Bark.
- For Candy Corn Bark and Frosting: Line baking sheet with wax paper.
- Microwave remaining morsels in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
- Pour onto prepared baking sheet. Spread into 8-inch square. Sprinkle with candy corn. Tap sheet several times to settle candy corn into chocolate. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm. Break into 20 pieces.
- Combine frosting with red and yellow food coloring in medium bowl to create orange colored frosting, if desired. Frosting may also be left white.
Makes 20 cupcakes.
Estimated Times: Preparation 20 min |Cooking Time 22 min | Cooling Time – 30 min cooling |
Tip: Bark can be made the day before hand and kept in the refrigerator.
“My Dinasour Cake”
This is a 2 layer ” Perfectly Chocolate Cake” filled with creamy butter-cream icing and covered with marshmallow fondant. The cupcakes are chocolate as well and topped with butter-cream icing to match the Dino!! This was made for a Birthay Party and it was a success!!