This is a one layer chocolate cake covered in piped butter-cream stars. It is a very cute cake! :-))
lazy town – cooking bookThis icing/frosting is rich and yummy and is better served at room temperature. Once chilled it becomes hard and fudge like. It is a great base for black icing for decorating, the strong fudge flavor over powers the black paste coloring.
- 1/2 Cup Margarine, softened
1/2 Cup +1 Tbls Vegetable Shortening
5 Cups 10X Powdered Sugar
1 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips (Ghirardelli is my preference)
1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
4 Tbls Milk
- Mix margarine and 1/2 cup shortening until blended. Slowly add 4 cups powdered sugar, vanilla and 2 tbls of milk until creamy, set aside. Melt chips with 1 tbs shortening, mix until syrup like. This can be done in microwave…do not over heat. Poor chocolate into icing and mix well slowly adding additional cup of sugar alternting with 1-2 tbs of milk. Mix until creamy. Add black color paste if desired. Spread onto your favorite cake. Makes about 4 cups of icing. Can be stored in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Allow icing to sit until room temperature, then mix before spreading on cake. After that, WALA! Enjoy!!
This Halloween cake was made of chocolate and chocolate icing. Most of the decors I made them out of gum paste, the bones I just piped them out of butter-cream icing, and the dirt was made out of crushed oreos.
I am very happy of the way this cake turned out! Besides looking great, it tasted awesome! :silly:
This Buttercream Icing is good for icing and decorate a cake , you can use it
as a filling, to pipe figurines or roses, and for borders also.
You Will Need
1 cups butter (2 bars)
2 cups shortening (Crisco is a very good Brand)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 tsp butter flavor
2 pound sugar powder ( C & H is a very good Brand)
1 tbs meringue powder meringue powder ( to created a smoother texture)
2 tbs water (more or less depending of the humidity)
1. In a Bowl, Mix butter, shortening and salt together.
2. Add all the three flavors (butter, vanilla, almond) and mix well.
3. Add 1/2 of the sugar powder, 1 tbs water and the meringue powder, mix
4. Add sugar a little bit at the time until you get your desired consistency,
add more water if needed.
To keep this icing moist, keep it covered and
refrigerated if you are not going to used immediately.
These Chocolate Vegan Cupcakes are filled with butter-cream icing and are covered with Marshmallow Fondant. They are Super Moist and Yummy!!
Ingredients (use vegan versions):
1.5 cups of all purpose flour (can substitute with wholewheat flour)
3 tablespoons of sifted good quality cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup white or brown sugar
0.5 teaspoon salt (optional)
5 tablespoons canola oil (can substitute with any veg.oil or even olive oil)
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup cold water
By far the most surprisingly deeelightful cake. This recipe is great for adults and for kids ages 3 and up.
1. Put your flour into mixing bowl, add cocoa, baking soda, vegan sugar and salt and mix well.
2. Make three deep holes in the dry mixture. Into one, pour the oil, into the next, pour the vinegar into the next, pour the vanilla.
3. Pour the water into the bowl, over all of this— making a great big mess.
4. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until there aren’t any more lumps and pour into a 9 inch by 9 inch baking pan, two inches deep, it doesn’t even have to be greased.
5. Bake at 350 degress Fahrenheit for about half an hour, test with a fork.
Enjoy this delicious cake. You will be surprised at its moistness and richness!!!!! It can be cooled and iced with your choice of icing or can be enjoyed on its own. The batter can also be used to make cupcakes!! As you can see above!
TIP OF THE DAY: for an instant cake, have the premeasured, premixed dry ingredients at hand, then simply add the wet ingredients when you want a fresh treat! It makes a great birthday cake! Hey, it even freezes well!
Makes: 1 9×9 cake, Preparation time: 15 minutes, Cooking time: 30 minutes
“My Dinasour Cake”
This is a 2 layer ” Perfectly Chocolate Cake” filled with creamy butter-cream icing and covered with marshmallow fondant. The cupcakes are chocolate as well and topped with butter-cream icing to match the Dino!! This was made for a Birthay Party and it was a success!!
This is a 2 tiered banana flavored cake, filled with butter cream icing and covered in marshmallow fondant.I also made all the flowers out of marshmallow fondant.
This made a wonderful Thanksgiving Cake!