This is a moist, yummy cake perfect for those who can’t have milk and/or eggs!
SERVES 6 (change servings and units)
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 cup white sugar
* 3 tablespoons cocoa
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/3 cup canola oil (or any vegetable oil)
* 1 tablespoon white vinegar
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 1 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
2. Prepare an 8-inch-square cake pan by spraying with non-stick spray like Pam, or greasing.
3. Set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
5. Add all liquid ingredients and combine with whisk just until blended.
6. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
7. Serve with Fluffy Frosting (recipe #12586 posted separately) or your favorite cake icing.
8. Note: to make a layer cake, you’ll need to double this recipe and bake in two pans.
Enjoy!! :silly: Myrna