1 3/4 c All-purpose Flour
1 t Baking Soda
1 c Sugar
1/2 c Chopped Walnuts
2 x Eggs
1/2 c Vegetable Oil
1/2 t Almond or vanilla extract
10 oz Pkg frzn sweet Strawberries*
* or 1 cup crushed fresh strawberries mixed with 3 T sugar Mix together flour, baking soda, sugar and nuts in a bowl. In another bowl, beat together eggs, flavoring and oil until well blended. Add strawberries and beat at slow speed of mixer until berries are partially broken. Beat in flour mixture slowly until smooth, but pieces of berries are still visible. Pour batter into greased muffin tins, filling to half. Bake at 350 deg F for 30 minutes, or until they test done. Or, bake in greased 9x5x3″ loaf pan for at 350 deg F for 1 hour, or until done. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
I made this :ghost: Halloween cupcakes for my daughter and her classmates from school.
As you can see, some are pumpkins, ghosts, mummys, eye bulbs, and spider webs with spiders. It was fun making them. They turned out pretty cute! :pumpkin:
- 2 cups (12 ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels – divided use
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup LIBBY’S® 100% Pure
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
3 large eggs
1/2 cup Halloween candy corn (about 40 to 50 pieces)
1 (16-ounce) container prepared white frosting
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC). Paper-line 20 muffin cups.
- Microwave 1 cup morsels in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat sugar, pumpkin, oil, milk and eggs in large mixer bowl until smooth. Beat in melted chocolate. Stir in flour mixture. Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake for 22 to 27 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove to racks to cool completely. Frost cupcakes and top with pieces of Candy Corn Bark.
- For Candy Corn Bark and Frosting: Line baking sheet with wax paper.
- Microwave remaining morsels in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
- Pour onto prepared baking sheet. Spread into 8-inch square. Sprinkle with candy corn. Tap sheet several times to settle candy corn into chocolate. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm. Break into 20 pieces.
- Combine frosting with red and yellow food coloring in medium bowl to create orange colored frosting, if desired. Frosting may also be left white.
Makes 20 cupcakes.
Estimated Times: Preparation 20 min |Cooking Time 22 min | Cooling Time – 30 min cooling |
Tip: Bark can be made the day before hand and kept in the refrigerator.
“My Dinasour Cake”
This is a 2 layer ” Perfectly Chocolate Cake” filled with creamy butter-cream icing and covered with marshmallow fondant. The cupcakes are chocolate as well and topped with butter-cream icing to match the Dino!! This was made for a Birthay Party and it was a success!!