This Halloween cake was made of chocolate and chocolate icing. Most of the decors I made them out of gum paste, the bones I just piped them out of butter-cream icing, and the dirt was made out of crushed oreos.
I am very happy of the way this cake turned out! Besides looking great, it tasted awesome! :silly:
- 1 package yellow or white cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs
1 cup canned
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg
1/4 cup water (add 2 tablespoons of water if eggs are small)
- Put cake mix in a large bowl. Make an indentation in the center and pour in the oil and one egg. Mix using mixer, then add the rest of the eggs one at a time, beating after each one.
- Add pumpkin, sugar, , and then water.
- Bake in greased and floured tube pan in 350°F (175°C) oven for 60 to 70 minutes (depending on oven calibration). Cool before removing from pan.
- Frost and decorate as desired.
Makes 12 to 16 servings.