Makes one 8-inch pie
- 1/2 recipe Pate Brisee (Pie Dough)
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 2 cups homemade Pumpkin Puree, or 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly dust a clean work surface with flour, and roll pastry dough into a 12-inch circle. Line an 8-inch pie plate with pastry, and trim pastry so it’s even with edge of plate. Decorate edge with leaf shapes cut from excess pastry. Chill.
- In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin puree, eggs, cream, sugar, allspice, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Whisk until well blended. Pour into chilled pastry shell. Bake until crust is golden brown, and custard is set, 50 to 55 minutes. Let cool before serving.
- 1 package yellow or white cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs
1 cup canned
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg
1/4 cup water (add 2 tablespoons of water if eggs are small)
- Put cake mix in a large bowl. Make an indentation in the center and pour in the oil and one egg. Mix using mixer, then add the rest of the eggs one at a time, beating after each one.
- Add pumpkin, sugar, , and then water.
- Bake in greased and floured tube pan in 350°F (175°C) oven for 60 to 70 minutes (depending on oven calibration). Cool before removing from pan.
- Frost and decorate as desired.
Makes 12 to 16 servings.