1 box(es) Betty Crocker Super Moist German Chocolate cake mix, prepared
· 1/3 cup(s) grade-A dark maple syrup
· 1/2 cup(s) pumpkin pie filling
· 1 tub(s) Duncan Hines Classic Vanilla frosting
· Black sanding sugar, for decoration
1. Distribute prepared cake mix between two 8-inch pans coated with cooking spray. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes at 350°F, then cool 10 minutes in pans before turning out onto a wire rack.
2. Ice top of one cake layer with vanilla frosting and place second cake layer on top. Ice entire double-layered cake. Chill in fridge for 15 minutes.
3. Print spider template; cut as directed, and center stencil on cake. Sprinkle black sanding sugar to cover image, keeping rest of cake clean. Press sugar lightly with fingers to make sure it adheres. Brush off excess sugar and carefully remove stencil.
This Buttercream Icing is good for icing and decorate a cake , you can use it
as a filling, to pipe figurines or roses, and for borders also.
You Will Need
1 cups butter (2 bars)
2 cups shortening (Crisco is a very good Brand)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 tsp butter flavor
2 pound sugar powder ( C & H is a very good Brand)
1 tbs meringue powder meringue powder ( to created a smoother texture)
2 tbs water (more or less depending of the humidity)
1. In a Bowl, Mix butter, shortening and salt together.
2. Add all the three flavors (butter, vanilla, almond) and mix well.
3. Add 1/2 of the sugar powder, 1 tbs water and the meringue powder, mix
4. Add sugar a little bit at the time until you get your desired consistency,
add more water if needed.
To keep this icing moist, keep it covered and
refrigerated if you are not going to used immediately.